A healthy diet includes real whole food. Furthermore, eating this way will likely make you lose all weight you ever dreamt about. Of course, you will hear differing opinions on this subject wherever you look; be it on TV, internet, YouTube, friends and family, or wherever.
I tell you throughout this site what a healthy diet is for me. It could be healthy for you, too. I chose a vegetarian diet free of animal products, low in salt and sugar, and absolutely NO OILS.
Eating this way made me feel healthier, and I don’t go to the doctor although I go to the Dentist twice a year, and I lost about forty pounds in the process of eating fruits and vegetables. My blood pressure went down to 100/70 and I think that’s pretty good for just changing how I eat.
So, what is a healthy diet? I can tell you what it isn’t. It isn’t a diet that makes you tired and gain weight. It also is not the Standard American Diet which is full of animal products like Dairy, Eggs, Meat, and salt, sugar and fat. Despite what the special interest food lobby and television commercials tell you that you should eat daily to make you healthy…
The Best Foods for Health and Longevity are…
- Beans like Pinto and Black
- Mushrooms (darker better and cooked)
- Onions (cooked or not)
- Seeds and Nuts (in small quantities, unsalted and roasted, not raw)
- Green Leafy Vegetables like Romaine and Kale (Kale is the most nutrient packed of all)
- Cruciferous Vegetables like Broccoli and Cabbage (you can cook or steam)
- But, all fruits and vegetables are a good choice like Tomatoes and Pomegranates
- Berries (like blueberries and strawberries, if organic)
The Worst Foods for Health and Longevity
- Dairy (Milk, Cheese, Yogurt, Ice Cream, etc.)
- Pastries and Donuts
- Meat, Chicken, Fish, or any other animal based product
- Oil (Butter, Trans Fats, Olive Oil, Fried Foods, etc.)
- Processed food in a can, box or bag
- Snack Food like Chips and Crackers
- Most Grains, especially when processed (made into a flour or powder like bread. No, whole grains are not good for you, sorry. I don’t recommend bread, tortillas, pasta, chips and the like, because they are processed thereby raising blood sugar and promoting weight gain. They are also deficient in micronutrients, unlike fruits and vegetables)
- Soft Drinks
- Candies like Chocolate or with Fructose
- Fast Food
- Restaurant Food
- There’s a lot more, but you get the basic idea
- You are wondering what’s left to eat?
- As you will soon see, there’s plenty you will enjoy
- It is just a simple diet eaten by those around the world who are slim which frees themselves from disease, unhealthy ailments and conditions