If you are prone to bouts of inflammation you might want to put yourself on an anti-inflammatory diet monitoring closely what things you eat and drink. If you get gout or rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, these are debilitating and very painful lasting for weeks, even months at a time. Avoiding certain foods may help prevent or lessen the chances of future flare ups.
What is Inflammation?
What inflames are particles of undigested food, metabolic wastes and bacteria which get into your bloodstream (because of Intestinal Permeability or Leaky Gut Syndrome) and travel throughout your body to wreak havoc in the form of inflammation. It’s an autoimmune response. This is when the body attacks itself.
Other examples of inflammation is heart disease, hay fever, atherosclerosis, bronchitis, appendicitis, asthma, tuberculosis, sore throat, some cancers, and more…
The tips below could help you alleviate some of the pain possibly avoiding it altogether through preventing it from happening in the first place.
- Use Nuts and Seeds sparingly (Lectins)
What are Lectins?
Lectins are in Grains, Beans, Nuts and Seeds. It’s there to protect them from predators. Yes, these are all seedlings, the babies of the plant to perpetuate the plant species, and the mother plant wants us to not eat them and leave them alone. They may irritate the small intestine gut lining possibly creating leaky gut syndrome (of which can also inhibit nutrient absorption.)
- Watch the nightshade vegetables like peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, even potatoes
- Cook beans in a crock pot for about 24 hours (Lectins)
- You also have to cook your brown rice well. Rinse it good because it also has traces of arsenic
- Fruits and vegetables can increase your pH to the alkaline
- Normal pH is about 7.3-7.4
- You can test your pH under your tongue with ‘Hydrion’ brand test strips you can get at your local pharmacy without a prescription
- Cancer thrives in an acidic pH (below 7.0)
- Arthritis is a form of inflammation
- Avoid acid producing foods like meat, bread, grains, dairy, eggs and processed foods
- All grains have their own form of gluten, which in some of us can cause chronic inflammation
- Avoid sugar and high fructose corn syrup
- No chocolate
- Avoid caffeine
- No alcohol
- Beer and grain alcohol
- Each of these may be a trigger working separately or together to make your ailment, condition or disease even worse
- Listen to how your body feels
- Favor alkaline food instead of acid List_of_Acid-Alkaline_Forming_Foods
*Note – I am not a doctor and don’t diagnose, treat or cure any disease, ailment or condition. Consult your Physician first before you begin a new diet or weight loss program