So, which are the worst foods to eat? This also includes bad drinks. In my younger days, I ate and drank these (nutrition lacking foods listed below) like they were ‘going out of style’.
But, there were things going wrong with me I couldn’t pinpoint: the potentially lethal consequences of eating everything that tasted good!
I experienced these mysterious aches and pains all over. Sometimes, they were here, sometimes they were there, without notice and explanation. But, now I know they likely were symptoms of inflammation. Thank you to all that ‘great tasting’ salt, fat and sugar!
I 'used to be' a big milk drinker and meat eater. If you are 'old enough' you will remember how healthful they said milk and beef was back then! This sure taught me to not believe all the claims I heard! Always consider the source of where and who the information 'came from'.
I caught colds and got the flu at different times (in my twenties) throughout each year. What finally caught my attention was a ruptured appendix (in my thirties) which almost cost my life!
For overall general health, I avoid the foods listed below. I don’t eat and drink certain things, anymore. I have tested them over and over until I was absolutely sure they were bad for my health and well being.
So, you think you want to lose weight, get healthier and live longer? Here’s what works for me…
Avoid these below…
- Coffee and green or black tea
- Alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer and spirits
- Dairy like milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt and sour cream, etc.
- No grains like corn, wheat crackers, oatmeal, cold cereal, spaghetti, bread and flour products like pastries, doughnuts, cookies, soft tortillas, cakes and pies
- No snack or junk foods like potato chips, tortilla chips, candy bars, granola bars, fruit wraps, etc.
- No animal products like beef, chicken, fish and anything else that had two eyes and a mother
- No salt or sugar
- No fried foods like French fries or deep fried chicken, etc. (don’t you just love them! Say, bye bye!)
- I don’t use soy products like soy milk and tofu
- I don’t drink almond or rice milk
- No soft drinks
- No fruit drinks
- No oil like corn oil or olive oil or any other. Don’t cook with it or drizzle it over your salad! Oil is not healthy no matter how many times they say it is!
So, what’s left to eat? Plenty! You think eating is no fun? I will show you that it is…
My Plant based whole food diet
- I eat fruit (berries, bananas, oranges) in the mornings with fried potatoes
- For lunch I have a huge salad (butter lettuce, spinach and kale) with pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top with dressing and beans and rice. Sometimes, I eat soups
- I like a little spice, so I do measure my sauces and dressings (like enchilada, salsa and salad dressings) by the tablespoon. A tiny bit of sugar, salt and pepper are OK as well as most spices
- For dinner I usually have steamed vegetables like broccoli and bok choy over a baked potato. I squeeze a lemon (takes the place of salt) over it and add a tablespoon of green salsa
- Snacks are fruits like bananas throughout the day and evening
- Let’s start shopping for health, weight loss and long life! You will also save $$$. Download your free PDF WeightLossBloggingShopping List
Note- always check with your doctor before you change your diet.