Confused about what to eat for weight loss? I learned how to lose weight changing foods in my daily diet. I got stuck losing weight because of eating refined grain products like bread, crackers and cookies.
They never satisfied, but left me feeling empty always craving more and more. I couldn’t eat just one. I demolished the whole box or bag, every time. It was my weight gain problem.
What is the Weight loss blogging diet? In a nutshell, it's fruits, vegetables, beans and grains like brown rice
Permanent weight loss is achieved when we break our old eating habits. It’s not easy, and you may fall back to your old ways of eating even if you have people around you who support your new diet. Eating healthier is more than a diet choice, it becomes a lifestyle change and way of living.
You know, when you look at the way animals eat, you see they always eat certain things according to their breed. Furthermore, if you know we are closely related to the great apes, you will also know they are not grain and meat eaters.
Like ‘chimps’, we were designed to favor fruit and eat plant based food. The largest portion of our foods will contain the simple carbohydrates. Eating healthy includes fruits and vegetables [cdc.gov 1].
Fruits have simple sugars easily digested with some vitamins and minerals. Vegetables will provide more roughage from their fiber with vitamins and minerals fruits lack.
There’s a flip side to losing weight. It’s better health. We want that, too. You have to know what to eat and not. If you don’t feel good, you will never be a happy camper. Being trim and sick is no fun.
I wanted to feel healthier. I just couldn’t seem to find the answer in how to do it. I kept on not ‘feeling healthy’, until I took all the grains, potatoes and salt completely out of my diet. Then, things began to happen in the right direction.
What I eat for health and weight maintenance…
- Breakfast: eat fruits like berries, bananas, apples and oranges, etc.
- Cooked potato
- Lunch: Pinto beans with homemade salsa, large green salad sprinkled with a few seeds or nuts (prepare a dressing earlier with apple cider vinegar with Italian spice)
- Snacks: fruit of choice
- Dinner: Pinto beans and rice with homemade salsa with another green salad or steamed vegetables like spinach, kale and broccoli
- If you happen to get hungry later, eat more fruit
- You will absolutely fail eating a diet like this if you don’t eat enough fruit during the day
What I do not eat to avoid weight gain, ailments, conditions and future disease…
- Refined Grain like cereals, crackers, cookies, oatmeal, etc.
- Try to limit your rice, as it has arsenic
- Don’t eat too many Potatoes
- I don’t think we were meant to be big ‘starch eaters’. Until you remove it from your diet, you will feel hungry between meals. Starchy foods always made me feel tired. Opt for more nutrient rich foods like fruits and vegetables, instead. Grains and potatoes are lower in nutrients. If you get hungry between meals, you aren’t eating enough fruit
- Eat as much raw as possible (rather than not eating it, lightly steam vegetables like broccoli)
- All animal meat and products like eggs and dairy
- Processed or refined foods like hamburgers and pizzas
- Alcohol like beer, wine and spirits
- Teas and coffee
- Snack and junk foods
1 URL cdc.gov/healthyweight/healthy_eating/index.html
Website TitleCenters for Disease Control and Prevention
Article TitleHealthy Weight
Date PublishedSeptember 08, 2016
Date AccessedDecember 15, 2017
Note- before you change your diet contact your doctor.