If you are experiencing mysterious aches and pains here and there or all over your body, you could be eating inflammatory foods. Weight loss isn’t our only concern if we are in pain all the time and don’t know why. Food is more powerful than medicine itself.
I keep getting reminded that I can’t eat anything processed or refined by the pain wrong foods causes me. When you want flavor for your food, you might add condiments. I am not of middle eastern decent, but I love one of their food flavor enhancers called ‘tahini’.
Tahini is ground up sesame seeds similar in texture to peanut butter. I love both, but every time I eat them I get inflammation of my joints, muscles and aches and pains throughout my body.
I should have known, because I knew refined oils cause inflammation [1 VA healthcare]. You have to be careful, because you can fool yourself. Be sure to always know all the ingredients added to what foods you eat.
But, bad cholesterol fat from any animal is not healthy, either. Furthermore, animal proteins may cause an inflammatory response in our bodies. Best bet, pass on animal products, processed and refined foods altogether. Exclude anything except plant based whole foods. And, no refined oils like olive oil. Not healthy, no matter who says so.
The biggest inflammatory foods offenders…
- Condiments with oil, sugar and salt like BBQ sauce and ketchup
- Refined grain products like cereals and bread
- Sugar and high fructose corn syrup
- Refined oils such as olive oil and vegetable oils (this means premade foods such as peanut butter and tahini)
- Junk and snack foods like chips and crackers
- Processed foods like hamburgers and pizzas, etc.
- Soda pop
- Avoid dried fruit because it can cause cavities like refined grains can
- Stay away from canned, packaged and bottled foods
So, what do I eat?
- Beans like the pinto
- Green salads with sprouts, nuts, onion, Chinese cabbage and powdered almonds (make your own salad dressing)
- Other vegetables like steamed broccoli, kale and spinach
- Starchy vegetables like squash and peas
- Fruits like berries and bananas
- Resistant starches like white potatoes, sweet potatoes and/or yams
- Grains like brown rice and quinoa
- Nuts like the walnut
- Filtered water
- Eat all you want
- What if I get hungry again? Eat more
- Try to buy organic
- How to eat
1 VA healthcare Antiinflammatoryfoods08.15
Note- be sure to contact your doctor before you change your diet.