Now, please forgive me since I am not a real professional photographer. Take a look at my plant-based diet. Do I practice what I preach? I usually do, but honestly, I do fail sometimes. I am human and partake of food that surrounds me on occasion.
I try not to, but do tend to over-indulge somewhat on the holidays, and when my wife eats ‘bad food’ the rest of the year, I sample some of it. I try not to go overboard about it, because I know I will suffer the next day. I am forced to set a good example though, not only for myself, but for ‘her’ sake.
I get most my photos on my post pages from those who take pictures for a living. They are in the ‘public domain’. But, I wanted to give you an idea about what I eat everyday. I am really having a good time at it!
I don’t know about you, but what’s more fun than eating, losing weight and feeling much better because of it? No more doctor visits? I don’t even get the cold and flu anymore! Can’t beat that!
I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t reap similar health benefits eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, legumes like beans and lentils, and certain grains like brown rice, quinoa and millet [1 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov].
What I usually eat during each day…
- Beans and I make myself with salsa
- I have discontinued eating rice because it has lectin, gluten, and traces of arsenic, cadmium and lead
- Fruits with anything like berries, raspberries, cut up cantaloupe and mangoes
- Lettuce wrap with tomato, avocado, cucumber, sprouts, cabbage, beans and rice
- Salads with butter lettuce, seeds, an olive or two, cabbage and tahini dressing
1 URL ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15702597
Website Title Forum of nutrition.
Access Day 27
Access Month february
Access Year 2018
Article Title Vegetarian diets: what are the advantages?
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.