Nobody gets to ride for free. There’s upkeep mentally and physically. It’s easy to slip on your diet and before you know it, you are not feeling as well and have gained weight. Why? Because we live in a world of food temptation and our culture dictates what’s for dinner.
Most people won’t understand what you are doing. So, there may be a lack of support. You have to become your own good example to follow. It takes a little willpower to do so. But, we aren’t perfect and will undoubtedly slip…
Therefore, you have to develop your own strategies to reduce and manage stress, and promote a healthy active lifestyle so you don’t get those bad habits back eating all those bad unhealthy empty calorie snack and junk foods again [1 nhlbi.nih.gov].
- You have to remind yourself what healthy eating is
- It’s a good idea to set a weight goal
- Know your food weaknesses and keep these snacks out of the cupboards!
- Know what stressors ‘trigger’ your eating binges
- You have to be careful eating out, because they add oil, salt and sugar
- Be careful how you ‘talk’ to yourself. A positive outlook will help you stay on tract
- Have a healthy shopping list: Download PDF at bottom of this page…
- Don’t ever go to the store hungry or you might buy what you know you shouldn’t!
- If you fall off the wagon and binge, hop back on take the reigns and ride that horse!
- You need healthy recipes
- Stay physically active around the house, and/or exercise moderately
- Keep educating yourself about food and keep trying new dishes you have never eaten
- Weigh yourself once a week, not every day
- Keep good notes on your weight loss and how you feel eating your food a journal
- Hang around those who will support your diet avoiding all those negative naysayers!
- Stay motivated to keep with your healthy eating plan
1 URL nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/behavior.htm
Website Title National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
Access Day 28
Access Month february
Access Year 2018
Article Title Best Way To Lose Weight
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.