I really loved the ‘Thai’ dressing I used to buy from a specialty market before I started reading labels and quickly learned I could create my own version which tasted just as good. You save money; and to me, my own recipe is equivalent to store bought. It’s fresh.
When you make your own food from scratch, you know what’s in it. There’s no guesswork to it. There are no preservatives or additives, only the wholesome ingredients you put into it yourself. You can’t go wrong.
Here’s what you need for my Americanized ‘Thai’ spicy peanut salad dressing…
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter (chunky or smooth, it’s your call)
- One tablespoon low salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ‘spicy’ rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- I teaspoon sesame oil
- A couple shakes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to put it together
- Get a small container with a lid and put your peanut butter in the microwave 15 seconds to soften
- Add all other ingredients
- Stir until mixture is liquefied (you could use your food processor if you prefer)
- Try my cabbage rolls
Note- before you change your diet contact your doctor.