I like avocados, so I make sure I eat about one to two every week. I wanted to experiment with making an avocado dressing because I love guacamole.
I thought an avocado salad dressing would be a great addition to my salad dressing arsenal. So, here is what came up with since I am my own in house chef…
- Use your food processor to blend an avocado or simply mash it up with a fork with the ingredients listed below…
- Squeeze half a lemon
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- Add two tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar
- Tablespoon of tahini sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- Dash of pepper to taste
- A shake each of basil, oregano and paprika
- Dash or two of your favorite hot sauce
- Teaspoon of soy sauce
- Add water if this is too thick to use as a salad dressing
- Use any green leafy salad you like such as Romaine or Butter lettuce (I like butter lettuce which has five different types in the bag)
- Sprinkle small handful of pumpkin and sunflower seeds on top
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste
- This dressing doubles as a dip for celery and other vegetables
- There is enough dressing for one to two salads
‘There are eight preliminary clinical studies showing that avocado consumption helps support cardiovascular health. Exploratory studies suggest that avocados may support weight management and healthy aging [1 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov ]’.
1 URL ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23638933
Website Title Critical reviews in food science and nutrition.
Article Title Hass avocado composition and potential health effects.
Date Accessed April 19, 2018
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.