I like hot meals. So, if you like soup like I do, you will probably enjoy eating my Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipe on a weekly basis. How much healthier can you get than doing it yourself from scratch? You can become your own best chef quite easily and not have to join a cooking school. You learn as you do…
This is the only way I know of to have any control over what’s in any recipe you cook. If you decide to eat only healthful vegetarian whole food; you won’t want any added fat, meat, dairy, grain, sugar, salt, preservatives or any other ingredient not health promoting. This recipe is as natural as you can get. Once you eat this soup, canned will never do again…
This is how I do my vegetable soup…
- 1- 32 oz. box of low sodium liquid vegetable bouillon
- 1- pinch of parsley and shake each of garlic powder, pepper and basil
- 1/2- cup of frozen peas
- Chop 3 or 4 small carrots or one large
- 1 to 2- Stalks of celery
- 2- Cups of white or pinto beans (how to cook your beans, here.)
- 1/2- Medium onion
- 1- Medium potato (skinned)
- 1- Large tomato
- 1- Cup of sliced thin cabbage
- 1- Handful of spinach and/or kale
- 1/2- Cup of mushrooms
- Use a food processor to make everything easier or chop all your vegetables by hand
Try to use organic vegetables if your store carries them. Chop or process everything up finely. Bring it all to a boil once, then cover to a low setting and slow simmer until all ingredients are tender.
It takes about forty minutes to cook and about ten minutes preparation time. Stir occasionally and taste as you go. This recipe is worth doing because you will never go back to soup in a can (you will actually be able to taste the metal in the can itself.) You can freeze and store extra soup to thaw and eat later in the week.
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.