As you know, I like my vegetables. And, if you don’t, I sure hope you will give it a chance and try out this new way of eating. But, there must be at least a few fruits and vegetables you might like. So, focus on those. You don’t need a vast array of them.
I eat a basic simple diet consisting of beans, rice, potatoes, fruit, salad and steamed vegetables...
Not only will eating more vegetables make you lose weight, you will most likely gain improved health and longer life in the process. The research proves it. People around the world who eat healthier are healthier and do live longer than most of us in the US.
My recipes may not taste as good as restaurant food, (that is, for the time being) but it’s a lot healthier since it has less salt, sugar and fat added. After awhile, your taste buds will adjust and you will look forward to your plant-based whole food meals. Really.
Pan fried ‘spicy’ oriental vegetables ‘your way’ ingredients
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of green or purple cabbage and/or broccoli
- 1/2 a medium onion
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of cashews (optional)
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 1/2 cup of green beans (optional)
- Teaspoon of sesame seed
- Tablespoon of seasoned rice vinegar
- Teaspoon of sesame oil
- Couple shakes of hot sauce
- Tablespoon of soy sauce
- Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Cook one cup of brown or basmati rice
- Use a Cuisinart® or finely chop everything up
- Cook everything on a medium to low setting for about 15-20 minutes or until tender (test as you go for doneness and flavor)
- Add more spices to taste if you like
Note- contact your doctor before you change your diet.