Firstly, I am not a health professional. But, I can read and decipher information and put it together in an understandable fashion.
Although, I have lost fifty pounds and have cured myself of Gout and Rheumatoid Arthritis, (and, likely have prevented a host of other diseases, ailments and conditions from occurring in the first place) I nevertheless am a layman in weight loss and health matters.
Therefore, if you feel you have something wrong with you, of course, go and see your doctor first. Play it safe, don’t try to cure yourself. It gets very tricky, and you might think you are on to a cure or remedy, but may not actually be. You could in effect, make matters for yourself even worse.
What do I eat?
- Fruits, berries and raw and steamed vegetables
- Green salads with my own dressing
- Organic roasted unsalted Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds (small handful sprinkled on one of my salads each day)
- Crockpot Beans and rice and salsa or Refried Pinto Bean Burritos with organic brown rice tortillas and taco sauce
- Fried Potatoes without oil (morning)
- I do drink organic Japanese ‘Sencha’ green tea. This does not ‘affect’ me like coffee
- I ceased drinking Coffee because it was a definite inflammation trigger for me
- Filtered water
- Rice with rice milk with berries and a little sugar at night
- I do use salt in a shaker on my food
In my opinion, the Gout and Arthritis I suffered from were caused by my diet. I discovered that when I stopped eating and drinking certain suspected culprits, the pain and swelling went away and I finally healed.
Therefore, I have learned to avoid certain foods and drink so I retain my sense of well being and avoid excruciating pain that can last weeks and months.
There are certain inflammatory triggers (potential food sensitivities) like these I personally avoid…
- Alcohol, especially beer and grain made spirits (except for a sip of wine every six months or so)
- Citrus fruits
- Potatoes are a known inflammation trigger because it is a member of the nightshade family like peppers and eggplants, etc.. (This is the only one on this list I eat. I only eat about one to two a day)
- Processed food
- Refined food
- Snack and junk food
- Sugar and especially Fructose
There could be a direct relation to the diseases below and your diet…
- Celiac disease (CD)
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Type I diabetes
- Graves Disease
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Lupus (SLE)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis (UC)
- Many others
It has been proven through research, plant based whole food can improve your health, make you lose the pounds, heal what’s ailing you and increase your lifespan here on this earth.
Note- before you change your diet contact your doctor.