I like things quick and simple. Also, I like eating nutritious foods. This is a salad you won’t have to eat much of to start feeling better about your health. And, as for calories go, you don’t have to think twice about it…
You should make your own dressing, because most store bought have too much oil, salt and sugar. I think the low calorie ones taste horrible! Furthermore, I got tired of ‘wasting my money’ on trying out lousy salad dressings, then throwing them in the trash, so I decided to concoct my own. Salad dressing recipe, here.
Here’s how I make this wonderful mean green salad…
- Cut a head of green cabbage in half
- Get a sharp knife and cut shreds off into a bowl
- Open a bag of organic spinach and put about a handful on top
- Tear the spinach and cabbage into smaller pieces by hand
- Add your salad dressing
- Toss with fork
- Add a few seeds like roasted organic unsalted sunflower and pumpkin
- Drop a couple olives on top
- I add a little sauerkraut
- Sauerkraut and olives are probiotic
- Hey, I like the sweet and salty with the sour!
Of course, you won’t want to just eat a ‘measly’ salad alone. I usually have a burrito with it that I make myself. I freeze them and take one out whenever the craving hits me.
To me, this is a fun meal. I just love eating like this every single day. It’s fast and easy and the burrito and salad has all the fiber and nutrients you could ever need at one meal. It’s also every filling. It’s a winner however you look at it.
Note- before you change your diet contact your doctor.