This tortilla chip recipe is pretty darned easy. I do these myself all the time. This way, you know what’s in them. There’s no oil, no salt, no sugar, no preservatives, etc.. How can that be wrong?
Here’s how I do my homemade tortilla chips…
- Buy a sack of organic corn tortillas
- There’s usually 10-12
- Cut the whole stack in half
- Do it once more
- Then, cut each section you have in half once again
- Now, you have the right sized ‘triangular’ shaped chips just like in the bags they sell at the grocery store!
- It’s that easy
- Put all on a baking sheet spaced evenly side by side
- You can line it with baking paper or not
- It’s up to you
- Personally, I don’t use anything
- Put the sheet in a 350 degree preheated oven
- Bake until slightly brown or for about 15 minutes
- Temperatures do vary from one oven to another, so keep an eye on them so you don’t burn the whole batch
- I don’t brush them with any oil or salt them
- Make your bean dip or salsa to dip in ahead of time
Note- before you change your diet contact your doctor.