I decided to make some pinto beans the other day in my 4 qt. crock pot. But, in the middle of cooking it I decided to make it into a soup, instead. I like hot meals over cold. It’s really good, so I thought I’d share it with you. The soup is a lot more saucy than the photo depicts, above.
I kind of wanted something slightly different, rather than beans and rice and salsa all the time. And, because I love soup and beans, it was time for a ‘pinto bean tweak’.
The spicy pinto bean and pea soup rivals anything I have ever eaten from a can or restaurant. Why not see for yourself 12 to 15 hours from now?
Low Calorie Spicy Pinto Bean Soup Recipe…
- Add two cups of pinto beans
- Pour 8 cups of water
- Two teaspoons of garlic powder
- Tablespoon of chili powder
- Couple dashes of paprika
- Cook on high for about two hours
- Then, turn down to low and cook overnight
- When you’ve cooked it for at least twelve hours, add the following…
- A few extra cups of water, as the beans tend to be quite thirsty
- Chopped onion
- 1-10 oz. can of medium heat enchilada sauce
- 1-7 oz. can of mild diced green chilis
- 1-12 oz. can of stewed Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup of brown or basmati rice
- Cook until all is tender
- Add salt to taste
- Keep some out for today and tomorrow
- Freeze the rest in individually sized plastic containers for later
- PS- While you are in the cooking soup mode, you might as well try out my split pea soup!
Note- before you change your diet contact your doctor.