There is much disagreement over weight loss and the healthiest food to eat among researchers. One doctor will say either something entirely different from another or at the very least, something slightly different. Nevertheless, I have seen a few who agree.
‘It’s a real guessing game which diet is the best for us humans. I can only tell you what I think the healthiest diet is from my own experience, perspective and layman research’ ~ your author
I would in my humble opinion offer that the healthiest diet on the planet is the one we’ve had since the moment we became human. That’s been a long time. I don’t know how many years our bodies require to adapt to new food (like processed, refined and snack and junk foods.) The way we all eat in modern society is relatively new, perhaps within a couple hundred years.
‘One dietary pattern that may harm long-term health is the typical Western diet—rich in red meat, highly processed grains, and sugar, and lacking in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fiber [1 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3471136/’.
It appears man doesn’t do too well on so called ‘fast foods’ here in the USA (and, elsewhere in the world.) We are in the ranks among the unhealthiest of all nations. So, instead I would guess we should eat largely ‘uncooked’ fruits and vegetables in season. From all my research and through trial and error (from what I, myself have eaten daily for years now) I feel I have found the best healthiest diet. I suggest, it is as follows…
- I eat beans (about 1 cup a day)
- I eat fruit and salads
- I eat a large fried white potato with the skin on in the morning
- I eat fruits like red grapes, cantaloupe and strawberries
- We drink our green smoothie
- I don’t cook with oil (refined oil causes inflammation)
- Eat good fats like avocados, seeds and nuts (but not too much!)
- I don’t measure food portions, I eat all I want
- My weight is automatically maintained by the food I eat. Amazing!
- You get all the vitamins and minerals naturally in the plant-based whole foods
- I do a ‘light’ work out with weights
- I keep active mentally and physically
- I get out into the sun daily
- I drink filtered water
Those around the world whose traditional diets contain mostly plant-based whole foods are usually trim and healthy. They tend to live the longest.
There is the genetic argument: We are very close genetically to the great apes. What do they eat? Fruit and vegetables, seeds and insects. And, while they do eat leaves, our leaves would be a large green salad (bugs optional.)
Source-1 URL ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3471136/
Access Day 10
Access Month January
Access Year 2019
Article Title Essentials of Healthy Eating: A Guide – PubMed Central (PMC)
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.