As I’ve said many times, you don’t have to get fancy with millions of things to eat. You pick out a few things you really love and then repeat. For example, I like peas, brown rice, mushrooms and onions. So, what do I do? I combine them in one simple bowl and add a little soy sauce. It’s what I like.
‘The long-term health of vegetarians appears to be generally good, and for some diseases and medical conditions it may be better than that of comparable omnivores. Much more research is needed, particularly on the long-term health of vegans ]1 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26707634]’.
I like to whip up a meal fast. You can do the same. You just have to know what’s healthy to eat that you love repeating. This is an easy one.
How I do it…
- In a large pan, I saute one cut up onion, celery and chop up a box of mushrooms
- This takes about fifteen minutes
- After they cook down, I add about a cup or more of frozen peas
- After about five minutes, it’s done
- You can add spices to rice when cooking like turmeric or saffron, etc.
- I add a little garlic powder and a squirt or two of Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- I microwave already prepared organic brown basmati rice in a bowl
- Spoon how much you want on top
- Add soy sauce
- There will be tasty leftovers for lunch, tomorrow
Everyone knows junk and snack food isn’t health food. But, most food when you eat out isn’t, either. What makes food taste better is the addition of oil, sugar and salt. But, everyone eats way too much animal protein.
I remember I used to eat meat with every meal. And, chicken isn’t any better for you than beef. I learned what tastes good isn’t necessarily good for you. When you eat a plant based whole food diet, your taste buds change over time. You will begin to wonder how you used to eat what you did for so long.
Source- 1 URL ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26707634
Website Title Current neurology and neuroscience reports.
Publication Month August
Publication Year 2016
Article Title The long-term health of vegetarians and vegans.
Date Accessed February 21, 2019
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.