I always seek out new salad dressing recipes. If you want a ‘thicker’ dressing, why not use tofu to thicken things up? Seemed like a good idea to me.
Yet, although, I don’t eat much tofu, I thought I’d try to make a salad dressing out of it. Vinegar dressings are runny. I wanted something heavier that would stick to a salad.
Autumn Salad [1 nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/wecan/eat-right/autumn-salad.htm]’.
Salads are a nutritious part of any diet. I have always loved my salads, but the problem was that I loved ranch, Roquefort and blue cheese dressings which are loaded with fat.
It’s almost like I was taking a spoonful of dressing with every bite of salad. One trick I learned to reduce calories eating fatty salad dressings is to dip my fork in the dressing first, then stab some salad and eat it. You use a lot less dressing that way.
Here’s how I do my Tofu Spicy Asian Salad Dressing Recipe…
- Cut a block of firm tofu in half or less depending upon how much dressing you want intend on making (scale down the following ingredients if you use less tofu)
- Squeeze half a lemon
- Tablespoon or two of tahini (optional)
- Couple drops of sesame oil (optional)
- Shake of paprika
- 1/2 cup of red grapes or tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce of your choice
- Quarter cup of apple cider or balsamic vinegar
- You might have to add 1/4 cup of water or soy milk to thin things out a bit
- Add teaspoon of garlic powder
- Teaspoon of onion powder
- Pinch of parsley
- Give it a good long squirt of Huy Fong® Sriracha hot sauce if you crave the heat
- Chill in fridge before you use
I hear some eat their lettuce raw without flavor. As for me, I can’t do that. I need flavor. My wife used to use only lemon juice on her all spinach salad. Every recepe on weight loss blogging is part of my own plant based whole food diet. More recipes, here.
Source- 1 URL nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/wecan/eat-right/autumn-salad.htm
Website Title National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
Article Title Autumn Salad Recipe, Eat Right
Date Accessed March 24, 2019
Note- before you change your diet consult your doctor.