I know why I gained all my extra weight. Do you know why you gained yours? I can tell you what you are probably doing wrong and it’s so easy making that mistake eating the way most Americans do. I lost over fifty pounds eating differently, and it hasn’t returned. Therefore, I must know what I am talking about.
Because I don’t charge you thousands of dollars delivering processed and refined food that isn’t healthy to eat to your door, you might doubt I know what I am talking about. There are plenty of unhealthy people who are skinny. But, we want to be trim, healthy and feel great instead, right? Sure we do.
The Pounds Of Fat You Eat Are The Pounds You Will Wear…
- Every pound of fat you eat makes itself comfortable on your body
- Weight gain can be very ‘sneaky’ over a period of thirty days. For example…
- If you eat one 4 ounce ice cream every other day
- And, one 4 ounce chocolate candy bar every other day
- And, 4 ounces of cheese each week
- Drink a coffee drink that is full of fatty dairy milk
- These above have a huge amount of fat
- You will have eaten about 15 pounds of ice cream and chocolate alone this month
- All additional fat in food you eat will add up to even more pounds on your body
- If you eat a lot of refined carbs like bread, tortillas, chips and cookies
- There’s something about ground up white flour that makes you gain weight
- The surface area of the grain is increased by grinding it up into a fine powder
- You will gain weight
‘In a recent study, restricting dietary fat led to body fat loss at a rate 68 percent higher than cutting the same number of carbohydrate calories when adults with obesity ate strictly controlled diets [1 nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-study-finds-cutting-dietary-fat-reduces-body-fat-more-cutting-carbs]’.
How I lost 5 lbs. a month…
- You have to stop the ground up flour carbs like bread, chips, tortillas, cookies and crackers. These are the bad carbs
- Dairy is a big one because of its fat content, also because it isn’t good for your health no matter how many times you hear yogurt is good for you
- Lean meat also has too much bad cholesterol
- Don’t cook with or use any refined oils like olive oil, etc.
- Eat beans and lentils. This is the good protein and good carbs
- Eat more potatoes (good carbs) but without sour cream and butter
- Eat cooked and steamed vegetables like kale and broccoli, etc.
- Be sure to eat a large green salad but without oily and sugary salad dressing
- Eat your most favorite fruit, (try to eat berries because they have the most nutrition. Fruit is simple carbs) but no dried fruit, jam and fruit juices
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Avoid refined sugar and don’t drink soda
- Stop eating out
- No more junk and snack foods (huge amounts of fat, salt, sugar and refined carbs)
There is no magic pill. The secret to healthy weight loss is eating plant based whole food. You must eat real food. It’s not hard to do. It fills you up and leaves you satisfied. You never leave the dinner table hungry.
It does take a little willpower, especially when bombarded with TV junk and snack food commercials or if you have family who don’t support you in eating healthier. After awhile eating plant based whole food, your taste buds will learn to crave it.
To conclude, in the long run, eating the USDA MyPlate daily minimum of fruit and vegetables will likely bring better health and longer life. There is no other way to healthy weight loss, better health and increased longevity except to change our wrong unhealthful eating habits.
Source- 1 URL nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-study-finds-cutting-dietary-fat-reduces-body-fat-more-cutting-carbs
Website Title National Institutes of Health
Article Title NIH study finds cutting dietary fat reduces body fat more than cutting carbs
Date Published December 29, 2015
Date Accessed May 26, 2019
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.