I have been eating this lately in the morning. It’s quick and easy to make. It fills me up until 3-4 PM. Here’s how I do it…
Quick, Easy And Filling: My Potato, Beans And Tofu Bowl
- I cut up two medium organic russet potatoes
- I skin them because of potentially hidden pieces of sand, etc. I’ve crunched down too many times on something I didn’t see barely stuck in their skins below the surface luckily not breaking a tooth
- I brown the potatoes and when done I turn off the heat adding about a half cup of beans and couple slices of tofu which I chop up in the pan then put the lid on and let it warm the beans and tofu a few minutes
- I sometimes saute mushrooms, onions and red bell peppers before hand
- Pour it all in your big bowl (Put back in the microwave for about a minute if you saute the above)
- I add a couple tablespoons of green tomatillo salsa over the beans
- You can add a few drops of Tamari soy sauce on the tofu
- I add a little water to a plastic container with a loose fitting lid before I put it in the microwave for about 6 minutes for two medium chopped up potatoes (yours may vary.) It quickens the time required because the water boils and steams them
- After they are cooked, watch the steam when you open the lid. It’s piping hot! Don’t get burned!
- Add about a half cup of pinto beans on top
- Also, dice a slice of sprouted tofu or leave it sliced big
- You may also add peas, corn, even a cut up avocado
- Microwave for an extra minute
- Pour it all in your big bowl
- This is really a filling meal I love to eat!
- I hope you like it, too
Note- before you change your diet consult your doctor.