If you eat salads, they have to be tasty. Salads are an important part of my nutrition and when I slacked off on salad eating I began feeling terrible. But, after a few days of eating bags of salad, I got back to feeling like my old healthy self again. I pick the ‘5 lettuce’ bag in my store produce fridge. I really love this blend of lettuces.
‘This lettuce mix has green and red leaf lettuce, butter lettuce, romaine and radicchio. Really delicious with the tahini dressing that I make’ ~ your author
I eat a whole 6 ounce bag at one sitting, usually 1-1/2 bags to be more exact. The salad is thoroughly washed and ready to eat they say. It’s not organic, but produced by Fresh Express®.
‘Traditional hummus is a nutrient-dense dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. Consumers of chickpeas and/or hummus have been shown to have higher nutrient intakes of dietary fiber, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, folate, magnesium, potassium, and iron as compared to non-consumers [1 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5188421/]’.
Here’s how I make my Quick Tahini Salad Dressing Recipe
- Find a smaller plastic container with tight fitting lid
- I buy the tahini from Sprouts® market
- Mix it up good and pour a few ounces of it in the container
- Shake in a dash of hot sauce
- Pour a little apple cider vinegar with equal parts water
- A dash of onion powder
- Pinch of parsley flakes
- Garlic salt to taste
- This is not a precise measured recipe, you do it by eye and taste
- Refrigerate the rest after you spoon it on your salad and toss
- If you don’t add enough water, it will gel, so the next time you use it you may have to add water and shake it up to liquify it enough so that it spreads on your next salad evenly
‘Tahini is used as a dip in many parts of the world. You can mix it in with vegetables, pasta dishes, make hummus, spread it on bread as a snack, put it in soup, deserts, drinks and anything where your imagination takes you’ ~ your author
It just has that certain taste many love once they have tried it. It’s made from sesame seeds and has a peanut butter like consistency. But, it is very oily therefore high calorie, so be careful with this one. But, it’s my favorite salad dressing that makes me eat as much salad as I do. And, it is healthier than using a Roquefort or blue cheese dairy dressing I am sure.
Source- 1 URL ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5188421/
Website Title Nutrients
Article Title The Nutritional Value and Health Benefits of Chickpeas and Hummus
Date Published November 29, 2016
Date Accessed July 21, 2019
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.