It’s very down to earth how to use your mind to lose weight. First, you must know how much you want to lose and what you want to weigh. A good way to find out about what you should weigh is to use the BMI calculator on the CDC site.
Another good Idea that I’ve used in the past that helped me get to where I am now is going to the USDA MyPlate site. Once there you will figure out what calorie intake you require to lose weight and maintain it over time.
But, what has evolved for me since then is that I turned vegetarian and eat plant based whole food. When one adopts this type of diet, the only thing he must watch are those foods that have a of fat in them like avocados, nuts and seeds.
Tips for keeping a positive outlook
- Limit your exposure to negativity
- For example, turn off the evening news
- Learn to meditate
- Listening to Binaural beats might help relax you
- Limit your caffeine intake
- If you drink strong coffee, try the Japanese tea I drink daily and recommend at the bottom of all my pages and posts
- Take a closer look at the lifestyle you live
- Are you really happy?
- If not, maybe it’s time for a change
- Begin with hanging out with a few new positive thinking friends who are supportive of your new healthy lifestyle
- Start doing what makes you happiest
- For example, if you hate your job, it’s time to start looking
- Think happy thoughts instead of dwelling upon what you don’t want
- If negative thoughts bombard you, you don’t have to go along with them
- Don’t let them complete, stop them in their tracts
I have learned through the years in a real way how ones thinking influences circumstances and situations in his life. Matter of fact, I even wrote a book about it, here. If you think negatively, you will likely be in a bad mood.
Thinking more positive tends to change your mood rather quickly. I know that things happen in life that are bad. You’ve heard the expression ‘Bad things happen to good people’? And, sometimes they do. It can’t be avoided. You can’t control everything, but you can’t call it living the good life if you live in fear.
But, in the meantime, you will soon find that if you dwell on the positive things you want out of life, they will assuredly be attracted to you eventually if not sooner than you might think, appearing in your life in ways you never would have expected.
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.