Nothing like eating a steak! I do admit meat tastes great. But, although I ate a huge amount in the past, I don’t eat it now. Unfortunately, my delicious meat eating days are long over. Why did I decide to go ‘meatless’? One important reason is that eating meat has been proven to cause cancer. This is a good enough reason for me to give up meat eating for good.
‘It helps to know why you are doing what you are doing, so you have a strong foundation to stand upon when you begin doubting yourself because others don’t believe what you are doing is right (like eating only plant based whole food)’ ~ your author
There will always be the doubting Thomas’s who will try to convert you back to being a devout meat eater. You will never convince them to give up their meat eating ways, ever. Don’t even try. Let them eat their meat with gusto.
Yet, unfortunately, these people are likely those who take medication, are overweight and make regular doctor office visits.
The prevailing evidence we were not made to eat meat…
- We don’t have needle sharp teeth
- And, we don’t have long cutting claws on our hands
- Our intestines aren’t short enough to handle meat digestion as are meat eating predators
- Our digestive system isn’t even made for us eating grains
- We are almost exactly like the great apes, who eat mostly fruits and vegetables which all have the proper amounts of the right protein and other essential nutrients like fiber
- ‘A new study adds to the evidence that eating red meat on a regular basis may shorten your lifespan. The findings suggest that meat eaters might help improve their health by substituting other healthy protein sources for some of the red meat they eat [1 nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/risk-red-meat]’
Source- 1 URL nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/risk-red-meat
Website Title National Institutes of Health
Publication Day 02
Publication Month July
Publication Year 2015
Access Day 19
Access Month april
Access Year 2020
Article Title Risk in Red Meat?
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.