As you know, if you’ve read my posts is that I eat plant based whole food. This does not mean I am a vegetarian or vegan, because they eat things I don’t. I eat whole food and not junk and snack foods.
I avoid processed and refined foods. For example, I don’t eat out and don’t use refined oils like corn, sunflower, canola and safflower. I don’t use dairy like butter, but have been experimenting with what I know is genuine uncut olive oil from california.
‘Personally, I would bring all my snacks and meals to work with me if I was still working. I always brought mine with me in a small light weight cooler. I never got ridiculed or questioned because I was eating all the unhealthful foods like all the other guys…’ ~ your author
Some people don’t understand why anyone would eat strictly fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains. I wouldn’t even try to explain. How you feel and the way you look will speak for itself. Just know that those who eat animal products are taking a very high risk of losing their health.
What I would pack in my lunchbox…
- For a snack or breakfast in the morning at work I would bring a container of assorted berries, like blueberries, blackberries and strawberries
- You could also bring an English muffin with whole fruit strawberry jam
- You might want to bring a small container of nuts and seeds to snack on
- I like pistachios, but you might like macadamia nuts
- Lunch would be an avocado sandwich with onions and lettuce on sourdough bread
- Sourdough bread doesn’t have any sugar or oil added
- You might also want to make a green salad topped with slivers of almonds, chopped black and green olives, and other toppings of your choice such as celery or cucumbers, etc.
- I use balsamic vinegar, but lately I have been adding a small amount of olive oil
- Bring your salt and pepper shakers
- You could also bring vegetable soup you’ve made earlier
- If you drink coffee, try to switch to Japanese green tea and brew it yourself and add to a thermos to keep it hot
- An afternoon snack could be an apple or banana and another cup of green tea for a calmer more peaceful pick me up
Note- before you change your diet consult your doctor.