I love soup and am always up for experimenting with new recipes. And, although I eat plant based whole food, I don’t mind spicing things up a bit. What I mean by this is I use various spices and on occasion I use chicken broth when making my soups.
I tried vegetable stock, but it just doesn’t have that certain taste that really makes soup taste superior. I found a chicken broth made by Swanson. And, I use it because it doesn’t have ingredients like MSG and sugar. It is also lower sodium.
INGREDIENTS: Chicken Stock, Salt, Natural Flavoring, Chicken Fat, Yeast Extract, Water, Carrot Juice Concentrate, Celery Juice Concentrate, Onion Juice Concentrate.
Here’s how I put together my Almost All Vegetable Soup, But With Chicken Stock…
- I use a ‘pressure cooker’ to make my soup
- I push the soup button and wait for the beep (takes about 45 minutes from start to finish)
- Chop up about three medium carrots or 1 large
- Add a can of fire roasted tomatoes or regular (16 oz.)
- Use enough chicken broth to cover the veggies (32 oz.)
- Use vegetable stock if you prefer
- Chop up a couple stalks of celery
- Cut up half an onion
- Handful of spinach or power greens
- Pour in a 1/4 cup uncooked lentils
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice or brown
- Rinse rice and legumes in colander
- Sprinkle basil, parsley, paprika, ground pepper and garlic powder
- I put a squirt of jalapeno hot sauce
- If you like Asian tasting food, you can add Sesame Oil in your bowl
- You could also add a shake or two of parmesan/Romano cheese (a little shouldn’t hurt)
- You don’t have to put my vegetables in it, you can choose any and it will turn out just as delicious!
I love eating my vegetable soup. Whenever I’m searching for something wrong to eat, I make another bowl of soup during the day and later on at night. If I feel like something salty in the evening, it’s soup. And, later on at night if I feel like sweet, I heat rice up in a bowl with almond milk and a few seeds and coconut flakes.
*Check out my pressure cooker, here.
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.