Here’s all the secrets I have learned about weight loss, health and longevity in a ‘nutshell’. I feel this information is essentially ‘priceless’. As far as I am concerned, the information I am about to share is easily worth a million…
It was hard to fit it in one post. Yet, stay mindful of the fact that there are rules and it does take will power. No one can make us eat right but ourselves. We do need to find our own ‘motivation’ doing so.
And, we all ‘backslide’ returning to some of our old unhealthful eating habits. It’s unavoidable, as we are all ‘human’. Everything here is written entirely from my own experience. That’s how I know it works.
This is no ‘fad’ diet book on the best seller list nor diet program using pre-made expensive processed and refined food delivered to your door that never works!
‘If you do make it out of the hospital alive after a serious operation, it can bankrupt you…’
I lost 50 pounds eating differently. But, I had to make a dramatic change away from the average American diet to one that was largely plant based whole food. So, here’s how I not only lost lots of weight, but how I got healthier and hopefully will live decades longer…
- I lost 50 pounds, so I can say I know how to lose weight
- I haven’t gained a pound back
- This diet is naturally low in calories, high in nutrition and fiber
- It’s plant based whole food, which you learn to cook yourself
- I eat basic things like berries, green salads, beans, rice and potatoes
- When I lost the weight, my blood pressure decreased
- I gained more energy and felt healthier almost right away
- If you use salsa, other condiments and salt you have to monitor how much you use if you are ‘sodium sensitive’. There more salt than you might think that’s hidden in anything that has been ‘prepared’
- So, this means that the more ‘real’ food you eat, the less worries about reading ingredients on a label
- When I ate foods like rice, potatoes and beans, my craving for sweets went way down because I was eating long lasting carbs
- I don’t eat sweets (sugar, high fructose corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, agave, etc.)
- I don’t eat most grains except for rice (I don’t eat wheat, barley, rye, corn and all the others except I will eat millet on a rare occasion)
- I am not a vegan or vegetarian (unfortunately, these diets are filled with unhealthy refined and processed foods like cola drinks, potato chips and candy bars)
- You are granted permission to call me a ‘plant based whole foodist‘!
- I made that name up all by myself…
- I put a limit on avocados, nuts and seeds I eat
- As a sweetener, I tried xylitol
- I drink Japanese green tea
- I don’t drink soy, almond or rice milk
- I avoid anything in aluminum cans (Alzheimer’s)
- I drink one green smoothie every day
- The essence of my diet is to eat 80-90% plant based whole food
- This is how I eat, here
*Currently, I don’t feel there’s been enough research on xylitol. Use caution and listen to your body.
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.