If you’ve been reading my posts for a while, you might know I am a layman not expert like medical professionals. No, I don’t have a license or a degree in health matters. But, I can read and use a dictionary in doing my own studies citing scientifically validated research.
I consider myself self taught, although I have a degree. Going to college didn’t make me more intelligent or smarter. I’ve forgotten what I see was much useless information cluttering mind and memory.
‘Healthy plant-based diet scores above the median were associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality in US adults ’.
In your weight loss and health quest, I urge you to think for yourself trusting your intuition in what you eat and drink. You won’t go wrong listening to you, but will when listening to others. Above all, hear how your body feels when eating and drinking everything…
Many foods make us suffer adverse reactions. Wrong proteins in all animal products are an insidious culprit. Since we are both human, what I ‘eat and don’t’ might work for you.
I Eat This…
- I pressure cook nightshades like tomatoes, white and brown rice and russet potatoes (also, legumes like beans and lentils)
- Seeds like sunflower and pumpkin
- Pan fry onions, potatoes, green peppers and mushrooms (without oil)
- Hummus with celery
- Green Japanese Tea
- One green smoothie
- Steamed vegetables like broccoli and brussels sprouts
- Fruits like blueberries and strawberries
But, Not These…
- Dairy products and eggs
- Chicken, fish, beef and other red meats
- Wheat, Corn, Barley, Rye, Oats (these all cause me acid reflux, inflammation, possibly a leaky gut)
- Sugar and sweets
- Refined Oil
- Junk and snack food
- Fast food
- Any processed and refined food
Source- 1 CM;, Kim H;Caulfield LE;Rebholz. “Healthy Plant-Based Diets Are Associated with Lower Risk of All-Cause Mortality in US Adults.” The Journal of Nutrition, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29659968/.
Note- before you change your diet consult your doctor.