I have struggled with aches and pains for years. I have also had bouts of Gout. Even though it seems almost impossible to quit eating certain culprit foods, it is possible to find your own remedy like I have.
“There are certain foods I’ve learned I must avoid. And, when I do partake in those ‘forbidden foods’ I know what I’m in for the next day thanks to birthdays, holidays and special occasions, etc…”
Personally, I don’t want to take prescription medicine that masks the symptoms. Why? I want a cure. Because taking the pill or whatever may cause many other things to go wrong in my body.
What I put the brakes on…
- High Omega 6 containing foods like refined oils (corn, safflower, sunflower, and vegetable oils)
- No olive oil
- No dairy, no eggs
- Trans fats like in doughnuts and other pastries
- All sugar and sweets
- I pressure cook nightshades like potatoes and tomatoes
- I also pressure cook my beans and lentils
- I don’t eat wheat nor any other grains
- Like rice (arsenic) and rice milk (added oils)
- White rice and white potatoes are high glycemic index foods (I still eat potatoes)
- Eating foods such as these can help exacerbate (AGE) or advanced glycation end products which stimulate inflammation
- Therefore, watch how you feel after eating russets, white rice, crackers, bread, tortillas and other refined flour products
- I don’t drink alcohol
- I don’t eat any meat, chicken or fish
- I don’t eat soy products (tofu, soy milk, fake meats) or use soy sauce (it’s an inflammation atomic bomb!)
- Apparently high purine vegetables like mushrooms, asparagus and spinach are OK
- But, I make sure I don’t ‘overdo’ these
- I don’t eat cashews, peanuts, pistachios and almonds (very high Omega 6)
- Walnuts, chia and flax are OK (low Omega 6)
- How I eat, here
‘Have you ever listened to a drug commercial on TV where the guy talks so fast about what damaging or lethal side effects you may get from taking their pills that you can’t understand what he is saying’?
I include these…
- Avocado (once or twice a week)
- Berries like blackberries, blueberries and strawberries
- Steamed broccoli
- Power greens and butter lettuce
- Sprinkle chia, walnuts and flax seeds on my salads
- My salad dressing
- Japanese green tea
- Green smoothie
- Sautéed mushrooms, green peppers and onions in my oil-less fried potatoes
“Did you know in Europe the pharmaceutical company has to ‘prove’ there are no side effects before they can get that product on the market? Why do these drugs get passed here by our government when they may cause harm”?
I really don’t get it and would like knowing how they explain that away… And, again, one is left to sift through all the misinformation and think for himself. I don’t think doctors make money devising a diet for their patients permanently curing them from all their ailments, conditions and disease. It’s not how they ‘make their living’, is it?
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.