I lost nearly fifty pounds eating plant based whole food. But, I soon realized it was so easy to go back to the old way of eating like when I used to eat out a lot and bought processed and refined foods at the grocery store.
You really have to be sharp on reading ingredients if you intend on staying in the Continue reading “Your ‘quick’ healthy food checklist for best health”
The older you get, the more you’ll probably be concerned about this. Especially, if you have a health problem, are overweight or generally don’t feel well. Through my own research, I have found some answers I feel will help.
I have learned that there are people in Continue reading “What is the secret to a long and healthy life?”
I wanted to compile a short list of foods I have researched to be the healthiest, and assist in weight loss. It’s basically how I eat. I lost almost fifty pounds eating this way.
My blood pressure is low, I maintain my current weight of 158 lbs. down from 205+ lbs., and I am strong and feel great. I don’t have anything major wrong with my health and don’t go to the doctor and never ever get the cold or flu.
- Eat at least one huge green salad each day (suggestion: add romaine, butter lettuce, cabbage, baby kale, cucumber, onion and celery) with nuts or seeds sprinkled on top
- Make a tahini dressing or use balsamic vinegar with Italian spices
- 1 cup of beans and a cup of brown rice or wild rice with salsa (avoid other grains)
- Eat a handful of berries like raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Avoid high sugar fruits like mangoes, pineapples, bananas and avoid citrus and dried fruits such as raisins and dates. High sugar and bad for the teeth
- Eat a steamed vegetable/s for lunch or dinner like broccoli, kale, squash and/or spinach
- Avoid eating grains in any form. This goes for whole or refined like oatmeal, boxed cereals, bread and tortillas
- Eat a medium white or red ‘peeled’ potato in the morning or at night, too. I peel them because of hidden sand and small rocks. Forfeit the skin, it isn’t worth cracked or broken teeth!
- Don’t cook with or drizzle oil on your salads. No OIL. Bad for your cardiovascular system
- Limit sugar and salt
- Try to buy all your food organic and non GMO
- I drink only filtered and bottled water
- I don’t eat anything else but plant based whole food
Now, you’ll notice right away there isn’t grain products like bread listed. I’ve heard good and bad about grain. Yet, I know from personal experience it doesn’t do good by me. This means no grains, not even millet, quinoa or lesser known.
Maybe, grains affect you too, but you don’t know it yet. But, you might not feel good and don’t know why. You know, those mysterious aches and pains? You can get tested for sensitivity to grain. But, why bother? Why not just eliminate it altogether?
The nutrition level in grain is so low, we really don’t need to eat it. And, as for fiber, other plant foods have much better fiber that’s easier on our intestines.
Forgo the grain and reap the benefits of better health, longer life and weight loss. Go to the bottom of my page and download my free PDF ‘complete’ shopping list. You’ll be glad you did. Happy, healthier eating!