My last post was about sleeping difficulties, depression, anxiety and stress. I am not a doctor, so that supposedly means I am not an ‘expert’. Although I’ve read many psychology books, I speak from my own experience, my best teacher. Continue reading “What Happens When You Believe In You, Just The Way You Are?”
I am really glad I have time to watch videos on YouTubeⓇ. I learn lots of interesting things there. I guess that’s one of those rewards you get when retired. You get more time on your hands. Continue reading “Is There A ‘Suicide Pandemic’ Rising?”
I am not a mental health professional, so I have to be careful what I say. But, I do have experience in life and am entitled to my own opinion. I’ve lived many years and I think I know a few things. Some things I have learned the ‘hard way’. How does one learn best? Is it the easy way or the hard way?
‘For a person with an anxiety disorder, the anxiety does not go away and can get worse over time ’.
All I know is that at this point in my life I don’t have to be taught the same lesson twice! So, we learn our lessons and go on. Sometimes, you don’t get to apply ‘life lessons’ you’ve learned to similar circumstances or situations simply because they never again appear.
This is what I do that tends to ‘fix’ me…
- If you have trouble sleeping you may be drinking too much alcohol, caffeine and sugar (a physical symptom for me was my legs felt a restlessness by ‘twitching’ and ‘kicking’)
- I especially cut out sugar like refined and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
- This is only my opinion, but it seems to me somehow that anxiety, stress and depression are all linked together
- We all won’t live forever, so should we not ‘sweat the small stuff’?
- Unquestionably, life is hard
- So, maybe it’s something we better ‘get used to’?
- I meditate to ‘reboot’ me
- It does help make for a calmer mind and way of looking at the world, and only takes a few seconds…
We always learn new lessons. Call them ‘life lessons’ if you will. Every person if different. We all know that. What applies to one may certainly not apply to another. I don’t believe there is a general ‘fix’ for everyone.
But, what I’ve found for me is that thinking more positive thoughts has attracted and delivered many ‘good things’ into my life. Why not try it out for yourself? Thinking positive costs nothing.
Source- 1 “Anxiety Disorders.” National Institute of Mental Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml.
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet. If you have mental or emotional issues, consult your marriage and family counselor.
Me meditating goes way back. I have had plenty of practice. Decades. There’s a relaxation technique I made up along my way. I use it once in a while. There are many other ways to relax or meditate. How do I do it?
Focus upon a spot on your Continue reading “Why meditation may help you Lose Weight, get Healthier and Live Longer”