Thanks for joining me! Why are you here? To feel better, lose weight, all of the above? So why eat healthy? Good question. There are plenty of us in the US who don’t eat Continue reading “Why Eat Healthy? 4 Life Saving Reasons”
You have to watch out for a few ingredients. But by and large, if you stay aware of your food and what’s in it, you will likely Continue reading “The basics of better health and weight loss ‘in a nutshell’”
We all want to save money, yet you will soon discover that eating plant based whole foods is saving money. Meat costs a lot more, and you’ll see your grocery bill go way down as soon as you Continue reading “Save money: Safe list of ‘Non-organic’ fruits and vegetables”
I lost nearly fifty pounds eating plant based whole food. But, I soon realized it was so easy to go back to the old way of eating like when I used to eat out a lot and bought processed and refined foods at the grocery store.
You really have to be sharp on reading ingredients if you intend on staying in the Continue reading “Your ‘quick’ healthy food checklist for best health”
People are really sensitive about their food. I mean, it’s hard if not nearly impossible to tell them they are eating the wrong foods when you know they are overweight and not in good health because of Continue reading “‘Eating junk food’ is like marrying the wrong person: It doesn’t love you back”
If you are not going to get healthier in the process of losing weight, there’s something important missing. What’s the point of weight loss without gaining health? We won’t look better if we are not full of Continue reading “Why weight loss is no good without improved health”
I love my own recipes. Usually, the chef doesn’t like eating his own recipes. I am sharing with you what I like to eat and what made me healthier and lose about fifty pounds. It’s basically low Continue reading “Healthy vegetarian recipes for weight loss that taste great”
There are so many additives and chemicals added to refined and processed foods, it would simply drive one crazy to constantly read all the labels. There is a solution… It’s easy. Don’t Continue reading “Why weight loss may be ‘unhealthful’ if you still aren’t feeling well…”
You know, I just love vegetable soup. It’s an important part of my diet, especially since I’m not eating grain anymore. I really look forward to eating a hearty vegetable with bean soup, as I love a hot lunch and dinner.
I just made a batch up this morning because I ran out of potatoes. I had to go to the store, but didn’t want to go hungry. So, I cooked it up in the morning and ate before I went. I am really proud it turned out so delicious. Continue reading “‘Everything but the kitchen sink’ manhandled vegetable soup”
I wanted to compile a short list of foods I have researched to be the healthiest, and assist in weight loss. It’s basically how I eat. I lost almost fifty pounds eating this way.
My blood pressure is low, I maintain my current weight of 158 lbs. down from 205+ lbs., and I am strong and feel great. I don’t have anything major wrong with my health and don’t go to the doctor and never ever get the cold or flu.
- Eat at least one huge green salad each day (suggestion: add romaine, butter lettuce, cabbage, baby kale, cucumber, onion and celery) with nuts or seeds sprinkled on top
- Make a tahini dressing or use balsamic vinegar with Italian spices
- 1 cup of beans and a cup of brown rice or wild rice with salsa (avoid other grains)
- Eat a handful of berries like raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Avoid high sugar fruits like mangoes, pineapples, bananas and avoid citrus and dried fruits such as raisins and dates. High sugar and bad for the teeth
- Eat a steamed vegetable/s for lunch or dinner like broccoli, kale, squash and/or spinach
- Avoid eating grains in any form. This goes for whole or refined like oatmeal, boxed cereals, bread and tortillas
- Eat a medium white or red ‘peeled’ potato in the morning or at night, too. I peel them because of hidden sand and small rocks. Forfeit the skin, it isn’t worth cracked or broken teeth!
- Don’t cook with or drizzle oil on your salads. No OIL. Bad for your cardiovascular system
- Limit sugar and salt
- Try to buy all your food organic and non GMO
- I drink only filtered and bottled water
- I don’t eat anything else but plant based whole food
Now, you’ll notice right away there isn’t grain products like bread listed. I’ve heard good and bad about grain. Yet, I know from personal experience it doesn’t do good by me. This means no grains, not even millet, quinoa or lesser known.
Maybe, grains affect you too, but you don’t know it yet. But, you might not feel good and don’t know why. You know, those mysterious aches and pains? You can get tested for sensitivity to grain. But, why bother? Why not just eliminate it altogether?
The nutrition level in grain is so low, we really don’t need to eat it. And, as for fiber, other plant foods have much better fiber that’s easier on our intestines.
Forgo the grain and reap the benefits of better health, longer life and weight loss. Go to the bottom of my page and download my free PDF ‘complete’ shopping list. You’ll be glad you did. Happy, healthier eating!